Our SkySlope team has been working hard to deliver a brand new Create Transaction experience! The new workflow is more streamlined, less data-heavy, and easier on the eyes. The original Create Transaction workflow takes our users an average of 15 minutes to complete. The new experience? Only five minutes. So buckle up, and check out the new workflow below.
Does your Create Transaction flow look different? Click here to view the tutorial for the original Create Transaction process. This process is only available for select users in California.
1. From the SkySlope home page, click Create Transaction. If you are an Admin/Broker, first click Manage Transactions, then click Create Transaction.
2. Select your type of representation.
Note: If you are representing the Seller, or both the Seller and Buyer, you need to start by creating a Listing (not a Transaction). Please navigate back to the home page and click Create Listing.
3. Scroll down to enter the property details.
- Forms: If you've already created a SkySlope Forms file for this transaction, select the coresponding SkySlope Forms file. Click here for more information about connecting your Forms file to your SkySlope file.
- Address Lookup: Use the search bar to search by property address or MLS number. Then select a result from Google Maps or the MLS Data Feed.
4. After selecting the address, you will begin entering your transaction details in three main sections: Transaction, Contacts and Commission.
1. Enter the required transaction information, such as Office, Property Type, MLS Number, and Year Built. Click Continue.
2. Enter the purchase details, such as the Purchase Price, Acceptance and Closing Dates, and Escrow Number. Click Continue.
1. Buyers: Provide all of the contact information for your buyer/tenant. If you have more than one client, you will be able to add the second after adding the first.
2. Sellers: Provide all of the contact information for the seller/landlord.
3. Click Continue.
4. Listing Agent: Fill in the Listing Agent contact information, if necessary, or review the information imported from the MLS.
5. Buyer's Agents: The agent listed as Buyer's Agent will be the primary agent on the file. To add a co-agent, click + Add Another Buyer's agent. This will allow you to search your brokerage's agent directory to select and add a co-agent, giving them complete access to the file.
6. Click Continue.
7. Title, Escrow, and Attorney: Use the toggle bar at the top to select your primary contact as Title, Escrow, or Attorney. After making a selection, you will be able to enter the contact information for that person.
- Note: Only one of these three contacts is required.
- If you are located in a state where Open Escrow is available, you can use the drop-down menu to select an associate Escrow Officer.
- Want to open escrow even faster? Click Yes to "Get escrow or title stated now."
8. Click Continue.
9. If applicable, provide contact information for the Loan Officer, Transaction Coordinator, and Referral Agent.
10. Click Continue.
Note: The Commission Breakdown on the right side of the Commission page auto-calculates based on the sale price, the representation type, and the listing and sale commission.
1. The Purchase Price is pulled over from the Transaction Details, but you can click Edit to change the purchase price, if necessary.
2. Sale and Listing Commission: Enter the Sale Commission and Listing Commission. Both will default to a percentage, but to enter the commission as a flat dollar amount, click the dollar sign ($) to the right.
3. Other Deducations: Use this field to notate any fees to be paid to Transaction Coordinators, Referral Agents, or any other necessary deducations.
4. Commission Notes: You can use this section to enter a note/comment to document in the transaction file.
When you've entered all of the Transaction, Contact, and Commission details, click Create Transaction to create your file! Once the file is created, you will land on the Checklist tab, where you submit your documents to be reviewed by your brokerage.
If you have any questions about the new and improved Create Transaction experience, please reach out to our 24/7 Support team. Happy SkySloping!