I typically don’t drill down into our platforms at this level but have been responsible for architecting, our infrastructure, so I have a good handle on technology and particularly databases. I was, frankly, very disappointed when I discovered the way the platform operated, the added redundancy for our use.
In sum, there are a few features that could streamline the process significantly for staff and TC’s.
- Do to the complexity of transactions in California, there are
- Multiple property types
- Multiple added document requirements
- Various local and regional disclosures.
- The way the platform is currently configured we have the following choices
- The checklists are either global and simple – requiring manual entry of many additional document requirements
- Specific and Complex – including many unnecessary and irrelevant documents
This issue would be greatly improved if there was the ability to add bundles of document requirements to a few basic property type checklists. These could include items like:
- HOA Documents
- Trust Documents
- New Construction
- Notice of Default properties
- Contingency Sale
- Floating Home
- Manufactured Home
Task Management and Notifications
- It would be important to have a task feature and/or Dashboard for staff so that certain items could be triggered for review by certain staff. For example our Managers may only review the Contract Documents, and a File Compliance Manager may review the rest.
- Instead of the email notification by listing – it would be important to show a full list of items to review in one email or on the Dashboard.
- When reviewing documents – rather than show the list of transactions – the actual documents would could just appear to review signatures.
Please sign in to leave a comment.