Managing EMD payments has never been easier, thanks to the SkySlope and Payload's Keybox (formerly Earnestly) integration. Now you can request an Earnest Money Deposit from your buyers when you create their Transaction file in SkySlope. Take a look below to learn how to get started today!
1. You will need to have a SkySlope Transaction file for the address you're going to request an EMD. Either open the Transaction file you've already created, or start by clicking on Create Transaction from the home page.
Jump to the Commission page. If you've already created your file, click on the tab labeled Commission to jump to that page. If you're creating a new file, you will need to make sure the Transaction and Contacts tabs are filled out; then click Submit and you'll be taken to the Commission page.
2. On the Commission page, scroll about half-way down to the Deposits section. To the right, click on the blue Request Deposit button. You will need to fill out some required information before you submit your request:
- One buyer's first and last name
- One buyer's email address
- Select an escrow account (there may only be one available)
- EMD dollar amount
3. After you've entered the required information for the request, click Submit. You will see confirmation that the request has been sent successfully to your buyer's email address.
After you've submitted the request, your buyer will receive a "Payment Request" email from Payload. In the email, they will click on Pay Now. From there, they will be redirected to the Payload website where they can enter their account information to submit their Earnest Money Deposit in just a few clicks!
Have any other questions about submitting an EMD request using Keybox? Please reach out to our 24/7 Support team! We are always here, and more than happy to help!
Article is closed for comments.