One of the most valuable features available with SkySlope's custom Tasks & Reminders tool is the ability to sync your SkySlope tasks with the online calendar you already use! Tasks can be synced with several different online calendars, such as iCal, Outlook, and Google Calendar. Keep reading to learn how to sync your tasks!
STEP BY STEP GUIDE
1. To start, on the home page, click on the icon labeled Tasks & Reminders. This will take you to the Task section of SkySlope.
On this page, you should see a list of Tasks that you've created for yourself or tasks that have been assigned to you by an admin or broker. If you don't see any Tasks, check out this article to learn about creating Tasks.
2. Once you're on the Tasks page, and you have Tasks/Reminders created, navigate to the lower left corner of the Tasks page. You will see this link: "Sync with iCal, Outlook, or Google Calendar".
Click on 1) iCal, 2) Outlook, or 3) Google Calendar to select the type of calendar to which you would like to sync your SkySlope Tasks.
For this example, I will select Google Calendar.
3. After selecting your preferred calendar, an ICS file will be downloaded onto your computer. An ICS file saves data in a universal calendar format that's used by many calendar programs, including Google Calendar, Microsoft Outlook, and Apple Calendar (iCal).
Once the ICS file is downloaded onto your computer, the steps will vary slightly for emailing them into the different calendar programs. Follow the instructions below to import the ICS file into your preferred calendar.
Click here to jump to each section:
We suggest that you create a new "SkySlope Tasks" calendar in your Google Calendar to avoid adding them to your personal or work calendars. Creating a secondary calendar will allow you to easily remove all tasks, and re-import a new ICS file to update your SkySlope Tasks.
1. Log into your Gmail account, and open Google Calendar.
2. To create a new Calendar, click on the + icon near Other Calendars in the left column. Name your new Calendar something along the lines of "SkySlope Tasks". Click on Create Calendar.
3. After creating your SkySlope Tasks calendar, click on the Import & Export option in the left column. Click on Select a file from your computer, and then select the ICS file that was downloaded from SkySlope.
IMPORTANT: From the Add to Calendar drop-down, be sure to select the SkySlope Tasks calendar to avoid adding the tasks to your personal or work calendar.
4. You will see a pop-up that X out of X tasks were imported successfully. You can now access all of your current SkySlope Tasks on your Google Calendar!
To learn how to import an ICS file into Outlook Calendar, who better to explain than Microsoft?! Take a look at Microsoft's instructions for importing an ICS file onto your Outlook Calendar.
Apple's got the low-down on how to import an ICS file into Apple Calendar (iCal). Click here and follow the instructions to import your tasks today!
Note: As you are assigned new tasks, your SkySlope Tasks will not automatically be updated on your selected calendar. To update the tasks, you need to redownload and reimport the ICS file into your calendar To avoid duplicate tasks, first delete the SkySlope Tasks calendar from your calendar; then reimport the newest ICS file.
If you're having trouble syncing your Tasks, or you synced successfully and you aren't seeing your Tasks, don't hesitate to reach out to our Support team! We are available 24/7 at support.skyslope.com.