Here at SkySlope, we work closely with brokerages to make things as easy as possible. To limit long nights and extra work, we work hard to get all of the tools you need in one place: SkySlope. That's why we've created Office Docs! Office Docs is a section within Working Docs where your brokerage can store copies of blank forms and contracts for you to access at your convenience. You can then download these contracts, fill them out with clients' data, and upload them into DigiSign to send them out for signature. Pretty cool, right?
Here's the catch: Fillable PDFs (the blank forms your company uploads for you to use) can be a little tricky to use properly. If the form isn't filled out and saved a certain way, the text won't actually save on the document, and then you'll end up with double work, doing it all over again. Which is exactly what we don't want, and that's exactly why we created this guide!
Keep scrolling to learn how to properly use Fillable Office Docs and upload them into DigiSign.
1. From the SkySlope home page, click on Working Docs
2. Once in Working Docs, navigate to the Office Docs tab
3. When you first go into Office Docs, you will probably have an assortment of different folders on the left side of the page. They may be broken down by different offices within your brokerage, or by different types of documents. Click on the folder that best matches the document that you're looking for.
4. Once the folder is open, there will be a list of documents that are available within that folder. To open the document, click on the document name.
5. Depending on the internet browser you are using and its settings, the document may open and be saved in different ways.
|Important: Once the document is open, do not start filling it out! You're going to need to save it first before filling it out; otherwise, the text won't save onto the document and you will have to redo your work.|
You need to open the document, and save it to your computer.
How to Open & Save in Chrome: 1. Click on document name to open 2. Once open, click on Download Arrow in upper right corner 3. Save the document to your computer
How to Open & Save in Firefox: 1. Click on document name to open 2. Once open, click on Download Arrow in upper right corner 3. Select 'Save File' 4. Click OK
How to Open & Save in Edge: 1. Click on document name to open 2. Once open, right click on the doc 3. Select Save As 4. Choose where to save the doc
5. Rename doc 6. Click Save
6. Now we need to open the document you saved on your computer. If you are using Edge, you would have selected the location where the document was saved; navigate to that location and open the document. If you are using Chrome or Firefox, your document would have been saved to your default download location, which is usually your Downloads folder.
How to open a document from your downloads folder:
On a PC: 1. Click on the yellow file folder on your Task Bar at the bottom of your screen to open the File Explorer
2. Click on the Downloads folder
3. Double-click on the document name to open
Filling Out Fillable PDFs
7. Now that your document is open with Adobe Reader, you will see the Fillable fields on the document; they tend to be blue in color. You can click in the blue area, and then type into the blue fields to add the necessary text onto the document.
Saving Completed Fillable PDFs
8. Now that your document is filled out, it needs to be saved. To save, click on the Floppy Disc icon in the upper left corner of Adobe. You can also click on File, and then select Save As from the drop down menu.
9. Select the location where you'd like to save the document. Enter a new document name; make sure it's different from the original so that you can tell them apart. Then click Save.
10. Now that your document has been saved properly, with the text in tact, you're ready to upload into DigiSign. Go to the SkySlope home page, and click on the DigiSign icon.
11. Click on New Envelope in the upper left corner.
12. Now you’re on the Properties tab; you’re going to see a list of all your active/pending files in SkySlope.
If the document you’re sending is associated with one of these files, click Select for the address it’s associated with.
If it isn’t, click No Property in the upper right corner.
13. Now you are on the Documents page and you want to upload your completed Fillable PDF that you saved to your computer. Click on Upload to upload the document you saved.
14. Now, locate the document that you saved. Click on the document name to select it, and then click Open.
15. Return to the DigiSign Documents page to see that your document has uploaded successfully, and click Next to proceed to the Recipients & Signing Order page.
To view the rest of the DigiSign Sending tutorial, starting at the Recipients & Signing Order page, Click Here.
If you have any other questions about filling out Offics Docs, don't hesitate to contact our 24/7 Support Team! We are are available by phone at 916.560.1815, send an email over to email@example.com or start live chat with us at support.skyslope.com! Happy SkySloping!