Do you have a bunch of emails within your Gmail account between you and your clients that you need to send into your SkySlope file for compliance purposes? We've created this guide to show you how to use an "add-on" within the Google Chrome web browser that will allow you to mass-forward multiple emails at the same time from your Gmail account. Keep reading to learn how!
|Please note: This will only work within the Google Chrome browser, and it will only work if you have a Gmail account. Feel free to contact Support if you'd like assistance installing the Chrome browser on your computer.|
1. Open your Google Chrome internet browser click here: Multi-Forward For Chrome. It will take you to the "Multi Forward for Gmail" Plugin page within the online Chrome Plugin Store.
2. Once there, click on the blue button in the upper right corner that says Add to Chrome.
3. After clicking Add to Chrome, you will see this pop-up. Click Add Extension to continue.
4. You will see a confirmation pop-up that the extension was added to Chrome. After it's been added to Chrome, you will have a new button available in the upper right corner of your Chrome window that looks like this:
5. Click on that arrow in the upper right corner to begin the Authentication process.
6. After clicking the black arrow, click Sign In to continue.
7. Next, you'll be taken to this page. Click Review Permissions to continue.
8. You will be taken to the permissions page. You will see a disclaimer page, asking you to approve access for all of the listed functions. Click Allow in the bottom right corner to continue.
9. After you've clicked Allow, you'll be taken to a page that provides you with some information on how to use the program. Feel free to either follow those steps, or continue to follow our guide.
10. Now that you've got the extension fully installed, we can get to work! Go into your Gmail account and select some emails you want to forward by checking the box to the left of the sender's name.
11. After selecting the emails, you'll want to click on the Multiple Forward arrow at the top of your Gmail screen.
|NOTE: Make sure you click on the arrow that's just above the list of emails in your inbox, NOT the arrow in the far upper right hand corner of your screen.|
12. Next, you'll be prompted to enter the email address for the SkySlope property file you want to send the emails into. (Really, you could send them anywhere, but the point of this guide is to get your emails into SkySlope.)
We recommend going into SkySlope, and into your file. Copy the email address directly from your property file, then come back to this window and paste the address.
Within the Property File
Paste into Multiple Forward
|Note: This part works best if you Paste the email and then click Enter on your keyboard. That's when the email address will turn blue and be accepted by the system as a valid email address.|
13. After you've entered the email address, click the blue Multi Forward button at the bottom left to send the emails.
14. Now you will see this message. It's important that you don't close the window until this message is gone:
15. After a few moments, you will see this message letting you know the process is complete:
16. Now, you will return to your property file in SkySlope. Navigate to the Log tab to make sure the emails came through. Any emails sent into the file will be listed as "EML REC" under the Type column to the left side of the page.
On the log, I can see that my emails came through successfully! They can now be stored here, along with the rest of your file data, for safe keeping! Gmail has a limit of 100 emails that can be multi-forwarded per day, so keep that in mind.
If you have any other questions about using this Multi-Forwarding plugin in Gmail, don't hesitate to contact our 24/7 Support Team! We are are available by phone at 916.560.1815, send an email over to firstname.lastname@example.org or start live chat with us at support.skyslope.com! Happy SkySloping!