If you're representing a buyer or a tenant, you're going to want to get started by creating a Transaction file in SkySlope. After your Transaction is created, you're ready to submit your documents for review! Keep reading to learn how.
1. From the SkySlope home page, click on Create Transaction.
First, you will be able to search for your property's address in the Search for Address window. Thanks to a recent update, creating your Transaction is now easier than ever before. Begin typing into the Address field, and you will see search results powered by Google. As search results come up, click on the best match for your property.
2. After clicking on the best match for your property address, search results will populate. Depending on the information we are able to find, you will see a few different results that you can use to create your file. You may see:
-The property address found by Google
-The property information found by SkySlope
-zipForm Search Results (if your account is integrated with zipForm)
For example, let's click on the zipForm result to proceed with that information.
3. After clicking on the search result, the page will redirect to the Transaction Tab. On this tab, the required information is listed with red asterisk (*). Based on the information we are able to find, some of this information may already be filled out for you. Complete the required information, and then click on Next in the lower right corner.
4. After clicking on Next, the Contacts Tab will populate.
There are 7 available contacts in a Transaction file, but depending on the file type, only a few are required. Fill out the required contact information that's listed in red, and click on Next to move forward to the next contact. When you're done with the contacts, click on Submit.
5. After filling out all of the required contacts, you'll be taken to the Commission tab. Once again, fill out the required information, and then click on Submit in the upper right.
6. Once the Commission tab is completed, you'll be taken to the core of your file: the Checklist. This is where documents are submitted for admin/broker review.
What is a Checklist? It's a list of required documents that are decided by your broker based on the file type. The required documents need to be uploaded and attached to the Checklist in order for the file to be seen as complete and ready for closing. Here's an example of a Transaction Checklist:
Documents that are marked If Applicable only need to be uploaded if the particular document is relevant to the file you're creating. For example, a Lead Based Paint Disclosure may be marked as If Applicable, and would only need to be uploaded if the house was built pre-1978.
The Document tab is the section of a property file where all documents are housed. This is a great place to store documents that are related to the file, but not listed on the Checklist. The Document tab can be used to forward documents to DigiSign, break-down large PDF packets into individual documents, and even send emails.
The Log is where all action taken within a file is stored for compliance purposes. Whenever a change is made, a document is uploaded/unattached, or an email is sent from the file, that action is recorded on the Log.
When using Tasks within SkySlope, all tasks assigned to a specific property file can be viewed and managed on the Tasks tab of that file. New tasks and email reminders can be added to help you stay on top of your deals.
If you have any other questions about creating a Transaction, don't hesitate to contact our 24/7 Support Team! We are are available by phone at 800.507.4117, send an email over to email@example.com or start live chat with us at support.skyslope.com! Happy SkySloping!