Hey SkySlopers! There are a handful of different functions in SkySlope that will require you to use pop-ups in your internet browser. By default, your internet browser (such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Apple Safari) will have these blocked. Let's walk you through how to disable those pop-ups just for the SkySlope website, to ensure your computer is fully protected and fully SkySlope-ready!
The process for disabling pop-ups will be different for various internet browsers, so make sure to follow the instructions for the internet browser you're using to log into SkySlope.
1. At the top of the page, to the left of where you enter the web address (like www.skyslope.com), click on the green lock icon.
2. At the bottom of the menu that comes up, click on Site Settings.
3. In the new window that opens, scroll about half way down until you locate the category labeled Pop-ups.
4. In the Pop-ups, click on Manage Exceptions.
5. Under Hostname Pattern, type "app.skyslope.com".
6. To the right of the Hostname Pattern, select Allow for the behavior.
7. Click Done.
1. In the upper right corner of Firefox, click on the icon with 3 horizontal bars.
2. From the menu, click on Options.
3. From the Options page, click on the Content tab in the menu bar on the left side of the page.
4. In the Content section, located the category labeled Pop-ups.
5. On the right side of the page, click on Exceptions.
6. In the Address of Website field, type "app.skyslope.com".
7. Click on Allow.
8. Click on Save Changes.
1. With Safari open, click on Safari from the menu-bar in the upper left corner.
2. In the drop-down menu, click on Preferences.
3. In the new window that opens, click on the tab labeled Security.
4. Look for the category labeled Web Content.
5. Uncheck the option for Block pop-up windows.
Note: Unlike some other browsers (such as Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox), Apple's Safari browser doesn't give you the option to only allow pop-ups for certain websites. Keep in mine that unchecking the option to block pop-ups in Safari will allow all pop-ups from all websites.
1. In the upper right corner, click on the button with 3 dots.
2. From the menu, scroll down and click on Settings.
3. From the Settings menu, scroll all the way to the bottom and click on View Advanced Settings.
4. At the top of the Advanced Settings menu, click on the toggle switch to change Block Pop-ups to Off (white, not blue).
Note: Unlike some other browsers (such as Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox), Microsoft's Edge browser doesn't give you the option to only allow pop-ups for certain websites. Keep in mine that unchecking the option to block pop-ups in Edge will allow all pop-ups from all websites.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. In the upper right hand corner, click on the icon that looks like a gear.
2. At the bottom of the menu, click on Internet Options.
3. In the Internet Options window, click on the tab labeled Privacy.
4. On the Privacy tab, locate the section labeled Pop-up Blocker.
5. On the right side of that section, click on Settings.
6. In the field for Address of Website to Allow, type "app.skyslope.com".
7. Click Add.
8. Click Close.